Saturday, April 2, 2011

The March Blog


March in Ohio = When everyone is either orange or pale porcelain.
I can't wait for the sun to start shining and remedy this problem on all levels. 

Goodness:
  • Puppies are one of the happiest things God made. 
    We adopted one of Lindsey's puppies to take the place of our beloved Flash who died in January.  And so, "Yellow" of the color-coded puppy family has now become "Ransom" and he is the cutest fluffiest, walking-sideways little puppy you'll ever see.  It's good to have a dog around here again.

  • It's that time of year again.... GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SEASON!!  :-)

  • I re-discovered my hatred for being home alone after my entire family left me for most of a week TWICE this month.  I enjoy the peace and quiet throughout the day, but the part I REALLY hate is coming home to a dark house.  And yes, I slept with a loaded shotgun within my reach.  I don't like to be alone at night. Don't judge me.
  • I also think that cooking for less than six people feels like a waste of time.

  • Basketball: It's good to be back at the stat table for Thursday night ball.  We had our annual BBall tourney fundraiser for the youth group a couple of weeks ago, and it was fun/stressful/traumatic/entertaining as usual.
    Highlights:

    * Stat table jokes and running commentaries - we really do have the most fun.  ;-)
    * Guys who manage to have a good time even when they're not winning, and Refs who stick up for the stat team against angry Amish men. 
    * That guy with the white shorts either needs not-white shorts or not-colored underwear.  Just sayin'. 
    * We work for Fruit Snacks!
    * "Sexy" passes.  This is what happens when Janelle tries to do commentary after 18 games haha
    * And of course the advice of the weekend I already quoted in my FB status:  "Don't marry anyone you haven't seen play sports."  Sports really do bring out the best and the worst in people.  It's always interesting to watch how different people deal with frustration.

So I guess I'm pretty much settled back in at home now that it's been about a month...  I still wish I could be in two places (or maybe three or four) at once, and I miss my crazy amazing Spanish school friends, but I know God has us all exactly where He wants us, so I won't argue with Him. 
I'm still trying to work on my Spanish, but it's hard to keep up when you're not immersed in it, and especially when you're not that great at it to begin with. :-/

It's time to be getting farm equipment ready for planting, and I'm excited about that... Spring is beginning to play peek-a-boo with Northwest Ohio, and I can't wait for the trees to get leaves on them and the grass to turn green again.... in May. lol

I have so many thoughts swirling around inside my head right now that I can't decide which ones to tell you about and which to keep to myself, so I think I'll just be quiet for now.  :-)

I'll just leave you with this:  I like to listen to sermons/audiobooks while I work, and DearRachel recommended this sermon series to me  *here.*    You can watch them online or download the audio by clicking the link above the video.  Don't be scared off by the *M-word* in the title... I highly recommend this if you're dealing with difficult relationships right now because it's valuable material for all relationships, marital or otherwise.  Some principles are just universal when it comes to loving people and resolving conflict, know what I mean?  
It's also been changing some of my views on said "M-word" ...in a good way, I think.
Anyways it's where I'm at right now, and God is using it in my life so I thought I'd share it with you.  Take it or leave it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment